Friday 29 October 2010

Chess Leveller - new blogsite has arrived!!!

Greetings to all and sundry. The new Chess Leveller blogsite is now here, hosted by yours truly. I intend the blog to be chiefly concerned with chess matters, but also covering the full range of my interests and pre-occupations including politics, history, current affairs, sport, games other than chess, books, film, television, art, theatre etc.

Please feel free to contribute anything and everything that might be pertinent to these subjects.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, Neville! I'm intrigued by your choice of blog name. Were you influenced by the 17th century agitators of that name? If so, are you campaigning for GM titles and 2700 ratings for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,

    Hi. Good to hear from you. I am glad that my blog has actually managed to attract someone's attention! I was afraid that the blog might just get lost in cyber space. The name Leveller is indeed derived from the 17th century movement of that name, and is my handle on ICC. I salute your erudition. They were the subject of an undergraduate thesis of mine, and I have always been attracted to lost causes.
    I am not campaigning for titles for all, though it might be a nice idea. I boast the title of ECF County Master, of which there are surprsingly few, chiefly I think because most people can't be bothered to apply for what they would regard as a largely meaningless distinction. In fact there may be fewer County masters than GMs. I will have to check on the ECF website. Maybe titles could be invented for players all the way down the scale, from novice upwards. Perhaps "Petty Master" might be a good title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Good Evening and Welcome!

    ReplyDelete